By Ryan Clark on October 11, 2012
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
At this time, WWE is currently planning out the top matches for WrestleMania 29. WWE SmackDown writer Michael Hayes has reportedly been pushing for a John Cena vs. The Rock rematch at the show, which would involve The Rock defeating CM Punk for the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble and then defending against Royal Rumble winner John Cena in April.
Not everyone is onboard with the plan. The Rock is committed to work at the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania 29, but at this time it is unknown if he’ll wrestle again after those shows. The feeling within WWE is that it might be better using The Rock for another high-profile match against a fresh opponent to get the most out of his appearances.
Posted in: WWE News
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- How Have The Rock’s 2013 Films Performed So Far? - May 20th, 2013
- Various News: Today's Birthdays, Savage, SHINE - May 20th, 2013
- WWE Posts Lots Of Post-Extreme Rules Interviews - May 20th, 2013
- Live Report From Last Night's Extreme Rules PPV - May 20th, 2013
- Extreme Rules Tweets - Jericho, Ross & Barrett - May 20th, 2013
- Zeb Colter's Post-Extreme Rules Rant, Meet Kofi - May 20th, 2013
- Crazy Leg Drop Spot At The Billboard Awards - May 20th, 2013
- VIDEOS: WWE Extreme Rules Pre & Post Shows - May 20th, 2013
- RAW Social Media Ambassador Is - Kevin Jonas - May 20th, 2013
- Early Preview For Tonight's WWE RAW Telecast - May 20th, 2013