By Ryan Clark on August 5, 2014
Mick Foley has posted a new blog entry, discussing Stephanie McMahon. Here are the highlights…
I’M A STEPHANIE McMAHON GUY
Let me get the little negatives out of the way first – so I don’t contradict statements I’ve made in the past. Yes, I do think the casual or investor can get confused when real-life authority figures play abusive authority figures on air. I do wish there was an authority figure, a new GM or Commissioner (no, not me, but I’ll have a few suggestions for candidates in a later post) to check and balance The Authority.
But with that being said, I’m proud to say that I’m a Stepanie McMahon guy. Seriously. I am. Stephanie can be such a mesmerizing presense on WWE Monday Night Raw and #Smackdown . Her recent interactions with Brie Bella – WWE Universe have been intense and exciting – and as a long time #DivaBeliever, I love the idea of ending #RAW with the ladies.
I met Stephanie 16 years ago – only minutes after the infamous Cell match, in Pittsburgh, in June, 1998, when I’d been told that a WWE employee and good friend had just learned of the loss of a loved one. I gave my friend a hug, and out of the corner of my eye, saw Stephanie McMahon – WWE for the first time. I gave the young McMahon a smile and then departed to participate in the most awkward run-in/limp-in/stumble in sports entertainment history.
It was 14 years ago that I was the first recipient of a Stephanie on-air slap. I still remember her soaking up everything around her like a sponge; looking at me as I said, “you can slap me as hard as you can – just not on the jaw” as if they were the wisest words in the world. Ms McMahon would go on to slap dozens…and dozens more over the next 14 years – as hard as she could, but hopefully never on the jaw. But hopefully, she has a special memory of the guy she smacked first.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- PHOTO: Eva Marie Posts A Smokin' Hot Pic! - February 1st, 2015
- Is WrestleMania AXXESS Sold Out?, + Ric Flair News - February 1st, 2015
- An Old D-Bryan Promo (Video), Cryme Tyme (Pic) - January 31st, 2015
- PHOTOS: 3 WWE Divas At ESPN's 'The Party' - January 31st, 2015
- Axel Continues To Say He's The Rumble Winner - January 31st, 2015
- PHOTO: HHH/Stephanie On WWE's Jet For SB 49 - January 31st, 2015
- WWE vs. TNA In Orlando, FL Next Month - Details - January 31st, 2015
- 'Black History Month' On The WWE Network, More - January 31st, 2015
- Lawler Returns To The Ring, D-Bryan/Brie's Dog - January 31st, 2015
- WWE Continues Rollins/Lesnar 'Injury' Angle, Bellas - January 31st, 2015