By Ryan Clark on August 5, 2014
Mick Foley has posted a new blog entry, discussing Stephanie McMahon. Here are the highlights…
I’M A STEPHANIE McMAHON GUY
Let me get the little negatives out of the way first – so I don’t contradict statements I’ve made in the past. Yes, I do think the casual or investor can get confused when real-life authority figures play abusive authority figures on air. I do wish there was an authority figure, a new GM or Commissioner (no, not me, but I’ll have a few suggestions for candidates in a later post) to check and balance The Authority.
But with that being said, I’m proud to say that I’m a Stepanie McMahon guy. Seriously. I am. Stephanie can be such a mesmerizing presense on WWE Monday Night Raw and #Smackdown . Her recent interactions with Brie Bella – WWE Universe have been intense and exciting – and as a long time #DivaBeliever, I love the idea of ending #RAW with the ladies.
I met Stephanie 16 years ago – only minutes after the infamous Cell match, in Pittsburgh, in June, 1998, when I’d been told that a WWE employee and good friend had just learned of the loss of a loved one. I gave my friend a hug, and out of the corner of my eye, saw Stephanie McMahon – WWE for the first time. I gave the young McMahon a smile and then departed to participate in the most awkward run-in/limp-in/stumble in sports entertainment history.
It was 14 years ago that I was the first recipient of a Stephanie on-air slap. I still remember her soaking up everything around her like a sponge; looking at me as I said, “you can slap me as hard as you can – just not on the jaw” as if they were the wisest words in the world. Ms McMahon would go on to slap dozens…and dozens more over the next 14 years – as hard as she could, but hopefully never on the jaw. But hopefully, she has a special memory of the guy she smacked first.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Jericho Reveals His Worst Argument With Vince - October 9th, 2015
- Mark Henry To Retire After WrestleMania 32? - October 9th, 2015
- Hulk Hogan Understands Why WWE Released Him - October 9th, 2015
- A Bayley Photo, Birthdays, WWE/Saudi Arabia - October 9th, 2015
- Backstage Update - Rock & Undertaker's Futures - October 9th, 2015
- JR Praises Sasha Banks vs. Bayley NXT Match - October 9th, 2015
- Sasha Banks Apologizes To 'Izzy', Foley To Ireland - October 9th, 2015
- WWE Diva Rosa Mendes Gets Engaged - Photos - October 9th, 2015
- Tough Enough Alum Reportedly Signs With WWE - October 9th, 2015
- Y2J Signs New Book Deal, Colter's WWE Status - October 8th, 2015