By Ryan Clark on October 26, 2012
The Daytona Beach Police Department officially ruled the death of Michael Gossett, known in professional wrestling as Mike Graham, as suicide on Thursday.
The ruling was expected as Gossett was found dead on a bed last Thursday night in a North Halifax Drive home from an apparent self-inflicted “gunshot wound to the forehead.” According to police, Gossett was found “lying face up on the bed with a gunshot wound to the forehead.” A Freedom Arms .22 caliber revolver was found next to his body.
An autopsy has been performed, but the report is not complete. According to Dave Byron, Volusia County’s director of community services, it may be released in two weeks.
Gossett’s wife, Diane Marie Hamilton, was quoted as saying in the incident report that Graham “had threatened to commit suicide frequently ever since (his) son committed suicide two years prior during Biketoberfest.”
Gossett’s son, Steven Edward Gossett, died in Daytona Beach on Dec. 15, 2010, at the age of 37. Gossett’s father, Eddie Gossett, famously known as Eddie Graham, promoter of Championship Wrestling from Florida, also committed suicide by a self-inflicted gunshot to the head on Jan. 21, 1985.
Tampa Bay Online has more details on the story here.
A celebration of Gossett’s life will take place Friday, Nov. 2, 2012 at 2:00 p.m. at the Largo Cultural Center, 105 Central Park Drive, Largo, Florida. Additional details are available here.
Posted in: WWE News
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Evan Bourne's Latest X-Ray Photos, MITB Update - May 22nd, 2013
- PHOTO: Evan Bourne's Latest X-Ray Pics! - May 22nd, 2013
- Cameron Very Sick, Curtis Axel Finally Tweets, HBK - May 22nd, 2013
- Was Mark Henry Injured Before Extreme Rules? - May 22nd, 2013
- Update On Jericho's WWE Future + Foley's Tour - May 22nd, 2013
- Sheamus vs. Orton At SSlam?, Orton Heel Turn - May 22nd, 2013
- Brock Lesnar's WrestleMania XXX Opponent? - May 22nd, 2013
- Rumor: Roman Reigns At WWE SD Tapings? - May 22nd, 2013
- Jim Ross To Meet With NFLPA - Details Inside - May 22nd, 2013
- WWE Storyline Injury Updates - Cena & Triple H - May 22nd, 2013