By Ryan Clark on June 4, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
As we reported earlier, WWE Hall Of Famer “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair finally made the trip to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania this past Monday (June 2nd) to undergo the required WWE medical testing.
If Flair passes the tests, he is expected to return to WWE television as a regular character.
As noted in the past, ideas for Flair have ranged from being the possible new RAW General Manager, managing The Miz and managing Dolph Ziggler — an idea that was reportedly turned down by WWE.
ORIGINAL: Ric Flair is scheduled for his full cardiovascular physical in Pittsburgh this week in order to see if he’s able to come back to WWE TV as a full-time TV character. The company is being extra careful with those of Flair’s age range after Jerry Lawler’s heart attack and Ultimate Warrior’s passing.
It is believed among those in creative that Flair should be a babyface at this stage in his career. There have been several ideas floated in regard to who he could be paired with. One suggestion was to put him back with Miz, following up on when he “gave” Miz the figure-four as a submission move with the hopes that he could be pushed up as a top babyface. There are quite a few who are skeptical of this however, feeling that Miz is “damaged goods” and at best should go heel if they want to push him up the card since fans don’t like him and his face runs have flopped.
Flair wants to manage Ziggler and sees him as a potential top star. Flair recently came out in an interview and praised Ziggler. He also confirmed that he’d like to manage him.
The source notes that Flair has been back in the gym and gotten his weight down to 230 pounds, with a goal of 225 when he gets back to TV.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- The USA Network Touts RAW Ratings Success - December 19th, 2014
- 2 NXT Takeover Rematches Set For NXT Next Week - December 19th, 2014
- Who's Using 'DDP Yoga'?, Afa At WWE's PC, More - December 19th, 2014
- Big Names At RAW Reunion Show, SD Replay Tonight - December 19th, 2014
- Hogan: 'I Want One Last WWE Title Run!' & More - December 19th, 2014
- CM Punk Wasn't The First Choice For '12 Rounds' - December 19th, 2014
- WWE Pulls Booker T From A Weekend PWG Event - December 19th, 2014
- PHOTO: Rock Hypes Tonight's Christmas Special - December 19th, 2014
- Punk Considered For UFC's TUF Show?, Owens/NXT - December 19th, 2014
- Cena Off This Weekend + Zayn Storyline Update - December 19th, 2014