By Ryan Clark on August 6, 2014
UPDATE: While WWE officials have yet to comment about the rumors of SmackDown being moved to Thursday night, the WWE production trucks at the television tapings on Tuesday night indicated that the show will be moving nights.
As seen in the photos posted here on the website late Tuesday night, the WWE production trucks at the tapings had a large graphic that listed SmackDown as airing at 8pm EST. on Thursday’s, complete with new WWE logos and current talent pictures.
SyFy, the home of SmackDown each week, has yet to release its new season schedule, however with the lack of denial, it appears likely that this is an accurate change.
ORIGINAL: As noted earlier, it seems as if WWE may be moving SmackDown back to Thursdays… or they’re so strapped for cash that they’re not only downsizing, they’re using their old trucks. (Hint: it’s not the latter.) A fan at the SmackDown tapings Tuesday night spied the show’s production trucks and happened to notice something odd about them. You can see what I’m talking about below:
— Will Mahoney (@HeelWillMahoney) August 6, 2014
Of course, WWE just renewed their deal with Viacom back in May, and it’s entirely possible that this included a move to Thursday nights. Or perhaps they’re taking advantage of those rumors that SpikeTV is canceling iMPACT! and are moving back to a timeslot with more viewers. It could also be a case of the company who did the trucks making a MAJOR mistake (not likely). Whatever the case, this should be an interesting turn of events.
More as we get it.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Steve Austin's Theory For WWE Injury Bug, R-Truth - February 9th, 2016
- The Updated Lineup For The WWE Fastlane PPV - February 9th, 2016
- VIDEOS: Post-RAW Segment With D-Bryan + Career - February 9th, 2016
- Vince & Hayes React To D-Bryan's Retirement, More - February 9th, 2016
- What Happened After RAW - The Roster Comes Out - February 8th, 2016
- WWE Encouraging Their Fans To Dress Up As Stars - February 8th, 2016
- RAW Dark Match & WWE Superstars **SPOILERS** - February 8th, 2016
- Triple H Calls D-Bryan An 'A+ Player', 'Nine Legends' - February 8th, 2016
- WWE Talents React To SB 50, Ryder At Funko HQ (Pic) - February 8th, 2016
- VIDEOS: WWE Stars Arrive At RAW - D-Bryan, Brie, Miz - February 8th, 2016