By Ryan Clark on June 5, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
According to one source — following neck surgery — the strength in Daniel Bryan’s right arm is not only not making gains during his current recovery process, but is actually getting weaker. As a result, WWE has become concerned with how well Bryan is coming along in his rehabilitation.
Apparently the situation surrounding Bryan and the status of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship was the talk of the town backstage at RAW on Monday night in Indianapolis. He was sent back to Pittsburgh to see Dr. Joseph Maroon, who performed his neck procedure, to see why he wasn’t coming along as well as originally expected.
Because of the uncertainty regarding Bryan’s physical status heading into the Money In The Bank pay-per-view on June 29th, WWE made the decision to announce that either he will compete against Kane for the title in a “Stretcher Match,” or the actual Money In The Bank ladder match itself would be for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. The reason WWE went with this idea is because of the feeling that they shouldn’t have a pay-per-view without the title on the line. As far as last Sunday’s WWE Payback PPV is concerned, the feeling is that the title was on the line due to the angle that was built up around it heading into the show.
While at this point nothing is definite, the feeling is that if push comes to shove, Bryan will wrestle on the 6/29 PPV, even if he isn’t as physically ready as he would like to be.
It should be noted, by the way, that WWE is also contemplating adding a second Money In The Bank ladder match, if the primary one becomes a match where the vacant title is at stake, where the winner would be the person who captures the briefcase, guaranteeing them a future title shot.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- PHOTOS: WWE Stars Support #GivingTuesday - December 1st, 2015
- Cal Bishop Reacts To His WWE Release, Lana - December 1st, 2015
- WWE Stars Nominated For 'Celebs Gone Good' - December 1st, 2015
- Foley Tells Vince: 'Here's How To Book Sasha!' - December 1st, 2015
- The Shockingly Low Thanksgiving SD! Rating ..... - December 1st, 2015
- Russo: 'USA To Push For More Edgy Programming!' - December 1st, 2015
- No WWE/ESPN Segment Tonight, UpUpDownDown - December 1st, 2015
- WWE.com Lists Austin As Retired, RAW/Twitter - December 1st, 2015
- Listing For WWE’s NXT Greatest Matches DVD - December 1st, 2015
- VIDEOS: R-Truth Releases A New Single + RVD - December 1st, 2015