By Ryan Clark on June 5, 2014
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
According to one source — following neck surgery — the strength in Daniel Bryan’s right arm is not only not making gains during his current recovery process, but is actually getting weaker. As a result, WWE has become concerned with how well Bryan is coming along in his rehabilitation.
Apparently the situation surrounding Bryan and the status of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship was the talk of the town backstage at RAW on Monday night in Indianapolis. He was sent back to Pittsburgh to see Dr. Joseph Maroon, who performed his neck procedure, to see why he wasn’t coming along as well as originally expected.
Because of the uncertainty regarding Bryan’s physical status heading into the Money In The Bank pay-per-view on June 29th, WWE made the decision to announce that either he will compete against Kane for the title in a “Stretcher Match,” or the actual Money In The Bank ladder match itself would be for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. The reason WWE went with this idea is because of the feeling that they shouldn’t have a pay-per-view without the title on the line. As far as last Sunday’s WWE Payback PPV is concerned, the feeling is that the title was on the line due to the angle that was built up around it heading into the show.
While at this point nothing is definite, the feeling is that if push comes to shove, Bryan will wrestle on the 6/29 PPV, even if he isn’t as physically ready as he would like to be.
It should be noted, by the way, that WWE is also contemplating adding a second Money In The Bank ladder match, if the primary one becomes a match where the vacant title is at stake, where the winner would be the person who captures the briefcase, guaranteeing them a future title shot.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- VIDEOS: SD Backstage Fallout, Top 10 Moments - October 25th, 2014
- VIDEO: William Regal Discusses NXT, Zayn/O'Neil - October 25th, 2014
- Today's Streaming Content On The WWE Network - October 25th, 2014
- Backstage News On The WWE HIAC Main Event - October 25th, 2014
- 2K Announces 'Who Got NXT' Mode For 2K15 - October 25th, 2014
- WWE Declares Quarterly Dividend, Ziggler News - October 24th, 2014
- VIDEO: New WWE Survivor Series Promo (Reigns) - October 24th, 2014
- VIDEO: Time-Lapse Of The HIAC Being Set Up - October 24th, 2014
- Backstage News - Undertaker's New WWE Role - October 24th, 2014
- AJ Lee Discusses Her 'Crush' On Paige, Divas - October 24th, 2014