By Ryan Clark on July 28, 2014
According to sources, it is rumored that up to as many as 30 WWE office employees could be released by the end of the week. The cuts are expected to take place after this week’s TV tapings when everyone heads back to Titan Tower in Connecticut. This would be done as the next wave of budget cuts for the company. The source notes that the executive wing is expected to be the focus of these WWE employee cuts. The company has previously released several talents, also made cuts to air and ground travel, and cut things like the RAW post game show.
One source says that the company has needed to trim the fat for a while now, and that this will be less painful to upper management than it may seem. Again, at this time, take this report as a rumor. But it does fall in line with earlier reports that WWE was reportedly to cut upwards of $20 million from their budget.
Posted in: WWE News
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- WWE Q3 Financials: WWE Media Division Up 6% - October 30th, 2014
- WWE Q3 Financials: More On The Network Plans - October 30th, 2014
- WWE Q3 Financials: WWE Drops 6-Month Deal - October 30th, 2014
- WWE Q3 Financials: $5.9 Million Loss, Vince Speaks - October 30th, 2014
- JBL's Added Role With WWE?, Del Rio Shoots - October 30th, 2014
- WWE Network Subscriber Only At 731,000 - October 30th, 2014
- Backstage News - Orton's Recent Complaints - October 30th, 2014
- Backstage Update - Cesaro's Backstage Heat? - October 30th, 2014
- More On Billy Jack Haynes' WWE Lawsuit - October 30th, 2014
- Kevin Steen's Possible WWE Ring Name Revealed - October 29th, 2014