By Ryan Clark on January 22, 2013
Credit: Reid Galbreath & Prowrestling.net
WWE Main Event (Airing Wednesday):
The show opened with a numbers promo video for the Royal Rumble, followed by an interview with Ryback. Ryback made a joke about turning Antonio Cesaro into Swiss cheese. After the joke it seemed that Matt Striker was going to pee his pants.
Cesaro started blasting Ryback while en route to the ring, then started in on Americans feeling entitled, which garnered a lot of boos. Ryback’s intro cut him off.
Ryback defeated Antonio Cesaro via countout. The match was dominated by Ryback, as you would expect. At one point, Cesaro was trying to hide outside the ring when he was tossed back in by the Miz. Cesaro was getting manhandled by Ryback and as he was about to be finished off he ended up outside of the ring. Cesaro walked off ending the match with a Ryback win as a result of a count out.
The Big Show cut a promo bragging about his plans to win at Royal Rumble while using his fist to intimidate Matt Striker, who again looked like he was going to pee his pants.
Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow beat The Uso Brothers. Damian Sandow and Cody Rohdes bragged about ridding the WWE of unwashed tag teams once they win the titles. Team Rhodes Scholar’s won after a botched top rope finisher followed by a small package from Sandow in 12:32.
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- <i>MUST-READ: CM Punk On Why He's Gone From WWE</i> - November 27th, 2014
- Would Christian Consider A WWE Creative Role? - November 27th, 2014
- Sting's WWE Return Kept A Secret?, Foley Correction - November 27th, 2014
- Backstage TLC News - Main Events?, Orton's Return? - November 27th, 2014
- Backstage Update - The RAW 'Cyber Monday' Plans - November 27th, 2014
- Backstage News - The RAW General Manager Plans - November 26th, 2014
- Backstage Plans For Lesnar Going Into WM31 - November 26th, 2014
- Backstage Update - Charlotte's Main Roster Debut? - November 26th, 2014
- Major Backstage Plans For Lesnar & Heyman? - November 26th, 2014
- Report: Major Storylines Set For RAW & SmackDown? - November 26th, 2014