By Ryan Clark on January 22, 2013
Credit: Reid Galbreath & Prowrestling.net
WWE Main Event (Airing Wednesday):
The show opened with a numbers promo video for the Royal Rumble, followed by an interview with Ryback. Ryback made a joke about turning Antonio Cesaro into Swiss cheese. After the joke it seemed that Matt Striker was going to pee his pants.
Cesaro started blasting Ryback while en route to the ring, then started in on Americans feeling entitled, which garnered a lot of boos. Ryback’s intro cut him off.
Ryback defeated Antonio Cesaro via countout. The match was dominated by Ryback, as you would expect. At one point, Cesaro was trying to hide outside the ring when he was tossed back in by the Miz. Cesaro was getting manhandled by Ryback and as he was about to be finished off he ended up outside of the ring. Cesaro walked off ending the match with a Ryback win as a result of a count out.
The Big Show cut a promo bragging about his plans to win at Royal Rumble while using his fist to intimidate Matt Striker, who again looked like he was going to pee his pants.
Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow beat The Uso Brothers. Damian Sandow and Cody Rohdes bragged about ridding the WWE of unwashed tag teams once they win the titles. Team Rhodes Scholar’s won after a botched top rope finisher followed by a small package from Sandow in 12:32.
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Did Swagger Injure Strowman?, HHH/Private Jet - October 4th, 2015
- 'NXT Week' On The Network Kicks Off Tomorrow - October 4th, 2015
- Hall: 'Stewart Had Best WWE Celeb. Cameo Ever!' - October 4th, 2015
- NXT Cameras Invade 'K-Mart' (Photo), Birthdays - October 4th, 2015
- PHOTO: A Mini-Tough Enough Reunion At LOTR - October 4th, 2015
- PHOTO: John Cena Meets WWE Fan Stephon - October 4th, 2015
- Kingston, Bubba Ray & Owens React To WWE-MSG - October 4th, 2015
- JR Q&A - Point Of SmackDown, Women's Title - October 4th, 2015
- Naomi Given Weekend Off + Network/MSG Issues - October 4th, 2015
- VIDEOS: The New Day/Dudley Boyz/MSG + Noelle - October 4th, 2015