By Ryan Clark on June 22, 2012
WWE.com has an article up on Justin Roberts celebrating his 10th year with WWE. In the article, he shared some advice that Stephanie McMahon gave to his early on….
“When I started here, I had been listening to Howard Finkel. So when I previously announced at independent wrestling events, tough man contests, University of Arizona women’s softball games, basically anything I could announce … I was utilizing a bit of The Fink’s ‘cool announcer voice,’. I didn’t even realize that I was doing it.
One day, Stephanie McMahon came up to me and said not to go out there and be Howard, but to be me. I didn’t understand it at first, and then it hit me. I went back, watched some of my work, and thought, ‘That that isn’t my voice, that’s not how I sound.’ Once she said that to me, the light went on and I just became me. So every introduction that I do has its own flavor. I don’t go out and give the same introduction to everybody.”
Posted in: WWE News
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- PHOTO: Evan Bourne's Latest X-Ray Pics! - May 22nd, 2013
- Cameron Very Sick, Curtis Axel Finally Tweets, HBK - May 22nd, 2013
- Was Mark Henry Injured Before Extreme Rules? - May 22nd, 2013
- Update On Jericho's WWE Future + Foley's Tour - May 22nd, 2013
- Sheamus vs. Orton At SSlam?, Orton Heel Turn - May 22nd, 2013
- Brock Lesnar's WrestleMania XXX Opponent? - May 22nd, 2013
- Rumor: Roman Reigns At WWE SD Tapings? - May 22nd, 2013
- Jim Ross To Meet With NFLPA - Details Inside - May 22nd, 2013
- WWE Storyline Injury Updates - Cena & Triple H - May 22nd, 2013
- A Rock Injury Update + Rhodes' Speaks Out (Video) - May 22nd, 2013