By Ryan Clark on January 20, 2013
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
– Steve Austin was sporting a new beard in a Twitter photo he posted on Wednesday. The photo was taken at the “Shot Show” convention in Les Vegas this week. This is also the reason he didn’t appear on last Monday’s WWE RAW broadcast. Austin tweeted: Shooting the shit with @freejessejames at the Fort Knox booth at the Shot Show If you’re interested, you can click here to view a new look photo of Steve Austin with Jesse James.
– As noted earlier here on the website, Brock Lesnar has been offered a new deal by WWE and the hope internally is to get him signed for another year before making plans for WrestleMania 29. Lesnar’s deal is reportedly the same as his first deal signed back in 2012 shortly before WrestleMania 28 guaranteeing several million dollars with appearances at major pay-per-view events and television shows building up the events.
As of this week Lesnar has yet to agree to the terms of the new deal. Lesnar is known for his negotiating and wasn’t expected to agree right away. The discussion internally is that Lesnar is expected to be part of WWE plans post-WrestleMania 29. Lesnar moved big pay-per-view numbers for WWE in 2012 including SummerSlam that saw an increase to 358,000 buys (up from 296,000 the prior year).
Posted in: WWE News
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- This Week's RAW Rating Rises - Details + More - June 18th, 2013
- VIDEOS: 1-800-FELLA Outtakes, Anti-Bullying Rally - June 18th, 2013
- Who's Backstage At SD?, Early RAW #'s, Ryback/RAW - June 18th, 2013
- A Live Shoot On RAW, WWE/Fruity Pebbles Presser - June 18th, 2013
- WWE's ECW: Unreleased Volume 2 Match Listing - June 18th, 2013
- WWE Themes At Sporting Events, RAW Social Media - June 18th, 2013
- VIDEO: WWE/Fruity Pebbles Partnership Expansion - June 18th, 2013
- Undertaker & Kane vs. The Shield At SummerSlam? - June 18th, 2013
- Is Dolph Ziggler Cleared To Return & **SPOILERS** - June 18th, 2013
- Kaitlyn & AJ Address RAW Angle, Y2J-WWE Update - June 18th, 2013