By Ryan Clark on October 8, 2013
The reason WWE is stacking the deck so heavily at the upcoming WWE Hell In A Cell pay-per-view is due to reported concerns that they may have alienated their pay-per-view buying audience with the way they have handled the main event situation on the past couple of pay-per-views.
As noted previously, fans demanded refunds following the recent WWE Night Of Champions pay-per-view due to the fact that they paid for a finish that was completely erased and overturned less than 24 hours later on the free WWE RAW television show that followed the next night. Additionally, fans were loudly chanting “refund, refund” after the non-finish to Sunday’s WWE Battleground pay-per-view in Buffalo.
Due to the fact that WWE has handled the main events, which are what pay-per-views are largely sold on, so poorly at their last few shows, the feeling in the company is they need to regain that trust with their pay-per-view buying audience at Hell In A Cell, which is why there seems to be such emphasis on guaranteeing a legitimate finish in the main event, as well as other major selling points to support it underneath. Basically, the company is stacking the deck so heavily that it pretty much guarantees that anyone who buys the show this time will get their money’s worth.
For those reasons, WWE has brought back John Cena earlier than expected for a match against Alberto Del Rio, as well as guaranteed a new WWE Champion in the third-straight pay-per-view main event between Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan. While they basically guaranteed a winner for the same match at Battleground, they are stressing that this match will be in a Hell In A Cell, which assures viewers that there will be no outside interference, and they have Shawn Michaels as a special guest referee to give further confidence to their fans that there will be a legitimate outcome this time around.
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer
Last 10 posts in Featured
- <i>WWE SummerSlam Results (8/17) - New Champions!</i> - August 17th, 2014
- Sting & Vince Finally Meet, Summer Rae/Layla Plans? - August 17th, 2014
- Backstage Update - Del Rio's WWE 'No Compete' Clause - August 17th, 2014
- Sting Confirms He Wants To Wrestle Undertaker, WWE Future? - August 17th, 2014
- Update: WWE Taping RAW & SmackDown In Same Night? - August 17th, 2014
- Report: TNA iMPACT! Wrestling Not Renewed Yet - August 17th, 2014
- UPDATED: TNA iMPACT! Gone From SpikeTV - July 28th, 2014
- Rumored WWE SummerSlam Matches & **SPOILERS** - July 28th, 2014
- <i>WWE Battleground Results (7/20) - A New Champ?!</i> - July 20th, 2014
- WWE To 'Light Up' Levi's Stadium For WrestleMania 31? - July 20th, 2014