By Ryan Clark on October 8, 2013
The reason WWE is stacking the deck so heavily at the upcoming WWE Hell In A Cell pay-per-view is due to reported concerns that they may have alienated their pay-per-view buying audience with the way they have handled the main event situation on the past couple of pay-per-views.
As noted previously, fans demanded refunds following the recent WWE Night Of Champions pay-per-view due to the fact that they paid for a finish that was completely erased and overturned less than 24 hours later on the free WWE RAW television show that followed the next night. Additionally, fans were loudly chanting “refund, refund” after the non-finish to Sunday’s WWE Battleground pay-per-view in Buffalo.
Due to the fact that WWE has handled the main events, which are what pay-per-views are largely sold on, so poorly at their last few shows, the feeling in the company is they need to regain that trust with their pay-per-view buying audience at Hell In A Cell, which is why there seems to be such emphasis on guaranteeing a legitimate finish in the main event, as well as other major selling points to support it underneath. Basically, the company is stacking the deck so heavily that it pretty much guarantees that anyone who buys the show this time will get their money’s worth.
For those reasons, WWE has brought back John Cena earlier than expected for a match against Alberto Del Rio, as well as guaranteed a new WWE Champion in the third-straight pay-per-view main event between Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan. While they basically guaranteed a winner for the same match at Battleground, they are stressing that this match will be in a Hell In A Cell, which assures viewers that there will be no outside interference, and they have Shawn Michaels as a special guest referee to give further confidence to their fans that there will be a legitimate outcome this time around.
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in Featured
- <i>Survivor Series Results (11/22) - The New Champion?</i> - November 22nd, 2015
- Backstage Update - The Rock Not At WrestleMania 32? - November 22nd, 2015
- Backstage Report - Randy Orton May Need Shoulder Surgery - November 22nd, 2015
- Backstage Report - Why Charlotte Didn't Turn Down RAW Angle - November 22nd, 2015
- Billy Gunn To Return To WWE Despite Being Fired?, Barrett & Girlfriend Split - November 22nd, 2015
- <i>WWE Hell In A Cell Results (10/25) - 'Taker/Lesnar!</i> - October 25th, 2015
- <i>Night Of Champions Results (9/20) - Rollins/Sting!</i> - September 20th, 2015
- More Recent WWE Tryout Names Revealed + Carlito - September 20th, 2015
- Kurt Angle’s Brother Charged With Homicide - September 20th, 2015
- Could Carlito Be Returning To WWE Shortly? - September 20th, 2015