By Ryan Clark on October 8, 2013
The reason WWE is stacking the deck so heavily at the upcoming WWE Hell In A Cell pay-per-view is due to reported concerns that they may have alienated their pay-per-view buying audience with the way they have handled the main event situation on the past couple of pay-per-views.
As noted previously, fans demanded refunds following the recent WWE Night Of Champions pay-per-view due to the fact that they paid for a finish that was completely erased and overturned less than 24 hours later on the free WWE RAW television show that followed the next night. Additionally, fans were loudly chanting “refund, refund” after the non-finish to Sunday’s WWE Battleground pay-per-view in Buffalo.
Due to the fact that WWE has handled the main events, which are what pay-per-views are largely sold on, so poorly at their last few shows, the feeling in the company is they need to regain that trust with their pay-per-view buying audience at Hell In A Cell, which is why there seems to be such emphasis on guaranteeing a legitimate finish in the main event, as well as other major selling points to support it underneath. Basically, the company is stacking the deck so heavily that it pretty much guarantees that anyone who buys the show this time will get their money’s worth.
For those reasons, WWE has brought back John Cena earlier than expected for a match against Alberto Del Rio, as well as guaranteed a new WWE Champion in the third-straight pay-per-view main event between Randy Orton and Daniel Bryan. While they basically guaranteed a winner for the same match at Battleground, they are stressing that this match will be in a Hell In A Cell, which assures viewers that there will be no outside interference, and they have Shawn Michaels as a special guest referee to give further confidence to their fans that there will be a legitimate outcome this time around.
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer
Leave a Reply
Last 10 posts in Featured
- <i>WWE TLC Results (12/14) - New Champion Crowned!</i> - December 14th, 2014
- Report: CM Punk To Have Trouble Getting Licensed? - December 14th, 2014
- Confirmed: Naomi Gone From WWE's Total Divas Show - December 14th, 2014
- Report: WWE's Main Roster Motivated After NXT Special - December 14th, 2014
- Press Release - Alberto Del Rio Signs With ROH - December 14th, 2014
- Backstage News - Why Charlotte Lost On RAW, Natalya Asked To Lose? - December 14th, 2014
- <i>MUST-READ **UPDATES** - CM PUNK SIGNS MULTI-FIGHT UFC DEAL!</i> - December 7th, 2014
- <i>HUGE MUST-READ UPDATE: Reaction To CM Punk's Shoot Interview!</i> - November 27th, 2014
- <i>WWE Survivor Series Results (11/23) - Sting Debuts!</i> - November 23rd, 2014
- A MAJOR Backstage Update On The Future Of TNA Wrestling - November 23rd, 2014