By Ryan Clark on February 20, 2013
TMZ has updated their story, noting that Jack Swagger was arrested for allegedly driving under the influence after being pulled over for speeding. A search of the vehicle revealed Swagger was in possession of marijuana.
Swagger was charged with DUI, marijuana possession, and speeding, which are all misdemeanors. You can click here to view his mugshot.
The following is from TMZ.com:
WWE star Jack Swagger was arrested last night in Mississippi, TMZ has learned — after allegedly driving under the influence … with pot in his car.
Sources close to the situation tell TMZ, Swagger — real name Jacob Hager — was leaving a “Smackdown” taping at Mississippi Coast Coliseum in Biloxi when he was pulled over for speeding.
According to law enforcement, the officer who pulled him over determined Swagger was driving under the influence — and a search revealed Swagger was in possession of marijuana.
We’re told Swagger — a former WWE World Heavyweight champ — was taken in by local sheriff’s deputies … and later released on his own recognizance.
He has been charged with DUI, marijuana possession, and speeding — all misdemeanors.
We reached out to WWE, who tells TMZ, “Mr. Swagger is responsible for his own personal actions.”
Posted in: WWE News
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- New WWE NXT Champion Crowned - Details - May 24th, 2013
- Confirmed SD Matches, Wrestling Cares Update - May 24th, 2013
- Kane's Debate Challenge, WWE Attendance #'s - May 23rd, 2013
- WWE Title Belt Maker, JR At Developmental Center - May 23rd, 2013
- VIDEO: WWE Spoofs CM Punk's Entrance Video - May 23rd, 2013
- Rock To Begin Filming 'Hercules', Backlund/WWE - May 23rd, 2013
- 'DX Road Trip' This Weekend, Jacqueline/WWE.com - May 23rd, 2013
- Bret Hart Remembers His Brother Owen - Details - May 23rd, 2013
- VIDEOS: Raven's Latest + Amy Weber's New Song - May 23rd, 2013
- Steve Austin Sets Guidelines For Podcast Q&A - May 23rd, 2013