By Ryan Clark on June 1, 2012
Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter
It is being reported that WWE is considering merging the US and IC Titles once again. With the company recently bringing back the classic IC title design and considering that the IC Title has been a WWE staple since 1979, WWE will likely drop the US title after a unification match.
At this time, there are no plans to unify the WWE and World Titles. The reason is that WWE likes having both belts defended on the separate RAW and SmackDown live events.
Posted in: WWE News
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- Who's Backstage At SD?, Early RAW #'s, Ryback/RAW - June 18th, 2013
- A Live Shoot On RAW, WWE/Fruity Pebbles Presser - June 18th, 2013
- WWE's ECW: Unreleased Volume 2 Match Listing - June 18th, 2013
- WWE Themes At Sporting Events, RAW Social Media - June 18th, 2013
- VIDEO: WWE/Fruity Pebbles Partnership Expansion - June 18th, 2013
- Undertaker & Kane vs. The Shield At SummerSlam? - June 18th, 2013
- Is Dolph Ziggler Cleared To Return & **SPOILERS** - June 18th, 2013
- Kaitlyn & AJ Address RAW Angle, Y2J-WWE Update - June 18th, 2013
- More On Rob Van Dam's WWE Return & Contract - June 18th, 2013
- VIDEO: Randy Orton Speaks Out - (Must-Watch) - June 18th, 2013