By Ryan Clark on February 27, 2013
This Friday on Syfy, WWE will present “Social Media SmackDown.” The sports-entertainment organization issued the following press release Wednesday touting the event.
WWE® SOCIAL MEDIA Smackdown GOES LIVE ON SYFY FRIDAY, MARCH 1 AT 8PM
NEW YORK — February 27, 2013 – Syfy and WWE (NYSE:WWE) today announced Social Media Smackdown, a live social media event which, for the first time ever, will include live social media content, interactive fan polls, WWE Superstar and Diva tweets, Touts and more. WWE announcers Jerry “The King” Lawler, Michael Cole and Josh Matthews will provide live commentary throughout the night, which airs on Syfy Friday, March 1 at 8PM (ET/PT).
The Friday night special will feature WWE’s biggest Superstars and Divas, including World Heavyweight Champion Alberto Del Rio®, Randy Orton®, Big Show®, Daniel Bryan®, Kaitlyn™ and Sheamus®.
Smackdown is the second longest-running, weekly episodic program in U.S. primetime TV history, behind only Monday Night Raw.
Posted in: WWE News
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- UFC On FX 8: Quick Results, Bonuses & Attendance - May 19th, 2013
- Final Card For Tonight's WWE Extreme Rules PPV - May 19th, 2013
- <i>DETAILS ON TONIGHT'S FREE EXTREME RULES PBP!</i> - May 19th, 2013
- WWE Counts Down Bizarre Foreign Objects, CNN/XFL - May 18th, 2013
- WWE Acquires Original WWWF Title Belt, Raven - May 18th, 2013
- The Rock's Latest Movie Is A Hit, Today's Birthdays - May 18th, 2013
- VIDEOS: Payback Hype + SD Backstage Fallout - May 18th, 2013
- NFL Star: 'Brock Lesnar Will Win At Extreme Rules' - May 18th, 2013
- WWE Extreme Rules Post-Show Details Revealed - May 18th, 2013
- VIDEO: Bruno Sammartino Day In Pittsburgh, PA - May 18th, 2013