By Ryan Clark on September 28, 2012
Partial Source: The Wrestling Observer
Following John Cena’s public divorce and recent injuries, there has been more talk backstage about finding the next “top guy” for WWE, someone that Cena could pass the torch to.
The general feeling is that the next guy should be in his mid-20s right now. CM Punk is 33, a heel and also doesn’t have the look WWE wants for the top guy
Sheamus has the look and is liked by the “right people,” but he is 35, the same age as Cena right now.
As reported some time back, many believe whoever is picked as the next “top guy” will be the last hand picked star by Vince McMahon.
Posted in: WWE News
Last 10 posts in WWE News
- WWE Creative Member Leaving The Company - June 19th, 2013
- Backstage Update: WWE's Developmental Facility - June 19th, 2013
- Tommy Dreamer Considered Retirement - Details - June 19th, 2013
- Backstage Update On Several WWE Lawsuits - June 19th, 2013
- Rob Van Dam Set For Three Indy Dates - Details - June 19th, 2013
- Terrible Attendance At SD, Foley Media, NOC Tix - June 19th, 2013
- Colt Cabana's Latest Video, WWE's Mid-South DVD - June 19th, 2013
- WWE Updates Their Statement On Child Homicide - June 19th, 2013
- Iron Sheik Needs Your Help, Eaton Update, Holly - June 19th, 2013
- AUDIO: Would Tommy Dreamer Return To WWE? - June 19th, 2013