By Ryan Clark on June 30, 2012
Credit: DeWayne Gates
– Matt Striker came out and was the announcer for the evening and said that all the titles would be on the line tonight and we would have 2 main events with one of the main events the crowd would decide via txt how the match would be set up either a street fight or 2 out of 3 falls along with a MITB special match.
- Sin Cara def. Hunico w/Camacho: Sin Cara came out to a huge pop from the kids and then next came Hunico w/Camacho to some boos but not a whole lot cuz most people didn’t really care about either one of them all that much. Sin Cara opened with a few arm drags and flips around the ring to get the crowd going, but then Hunico took over for the majority of the match w/o much interference from Camacho (wasn’t any real point for him being there). Sin Cara was finally able to pull a few moves off to build some offense and then it was back and forth between the two until Sin Cara pulled some kind of top rope hurricanrana into a pin for the win. Wasn’t his usual finisher he has been using since he got back so not sure if that was planned and trying out something new or what.
- US Title Match: Santino Marella def. Jack Swagger: Swagger came to the ring first drawing a good amount of heat and more so after he faked out a kid trying to shake his hand. Santino came out next to a big pop from the crowd and made his way down to the ring. This was a comedy match from the start and continued throughout the match with a few spots here and there for each wrestler to get there moveset in. Swagger and Santino seemed to have good chemistry going with the comedy bits and the crowd loved it and was behind Santino all the way. It was alot funnier than the usual Santino comedy matches which may because there are no TV crews around and they felt free to do what they wanted. One part in example was when Jack Swagger knocked Santino away and then did his typical push ups taunting Santino and then Santino pretended like he was going to do the same to show off but ended up dry humping the mat. After all the comedy was done Santino nailed Swagger with the Cobra to win and retain the US title.
- Divas Title Match: Layla def. Natalya: Crowd was semi into the match for being a Divas match and no real storyline to build from. Natalya came out first and flipped her hair in the face of a few kids that were trying to shake her hand or something which of course brought boos down on her. Layla came out next to a few cheers and then got in the ring. Layla was in control for the beginning of the match and the crowd seemed to warm up to her and the match in general. It was back and forth after the first few minutes with no real head way made by either Diva and no real big botches or big spots either until Natalya got knocked outside of the ring and Layla went after her. Layla knocked her down again and went to climb up on the ropes to either get back in the ring or do something else off the side of the mat, not really sure, but Natalya quickly recovered and grabbed Layla by the trunks and pulled her down. Not sure if this was planned or was an accident, but when Natalya grabbed Layla’s tights she pulled them all the way down in the back so we got a full shot of Layla’s butt before she hit the ground outside the ring. Natalya played it up to the crowd and got a few cheers for doing that. Once they both got back in the ring it wasn’t too long before Layla hit her neckbreaker finisher for the win.
- Intercontinental Title Match: Christian def. Cody Rhodes: Cody came down to the ring first with some mixed boos and cheers. Christian came out next with a mild pop. Was alot of back and forth action with Cody controlling for the middle part of the match. Cody attempted a big moonsault from the top rope but Christian was able to get out of the way which lead to an a ttempted Killswitch and eventually into 2 spear attempts with the second one connecting and allowing Christian to pick up the win.
- Announced MITB (money in the bank) special match: Kane def. Chris Jericho: Chris Jericho came out with his light up jacket and made his way to the ring without really doing anything heelish, didn’t really interact with the crowd much till he got in the ring. Kane next came out to a huge pop (you would have thought he just saved Cena’s puppy from getting eaten by the Big Show or something). I’m not sure if it was in the plans for Kane to be the face in the match and Jericho to be the heel but with the giant face pop Kane got at the beginning and Jericho being smart enough to realize people would be into the match more with a defined face/heel, he grabbed the mic and yelled at a few people that were chanting “Jericho sucks” and said something else about Louisiana which made everyone really boo him. Overall, it was a decent match with both wrestlers getting in a few signature moves with Jericho getting away from a few choke slams and a tombstone attempt while getting Kane in the Walls of Jericho once. Eventually, Kane finally caught Jericho with a chokeslam to pick up the victory. Not really sure what the match had to do with MITB other than both wrestlers are going to be in the match at the upcoming PPV.
- World Title match: Sheamus def. Alberto Del Rio: Ricardo and ADR did their usual spiel in coming out other than ADR kept teasing the crowd with throwing them his shirt which there were alot of kids ringside so they fell for it and boo’ed him when he ended up throwing it to Ricardo instead. Shaemus came out to one of the biggest pops of the night and the crowd was really into this match. Shaemus took control early and was able to hit a few power moves before ADR came back and started working on Shaemus’ arm. ADR kept Shaemus down on the mat for awhile and then kept working his arm till Shaemus was able to break free a few times and fight back. It was back and forth for awhile till Ricardo tried to interfere a few times and then Shaemus went on the offense and was able to hit White Noise on ADR. Del Rio was able to recover and then beat Shaemus down again and whipped Shaemus into a corner where the ref decided to get distracted by ADR while Ricardo tried to attack Shaemus in the corner while the ref’s back was turned. ADR was able to get away from the ref and charged into the corner to do a heel kick on Shaemus but he was able to duck out of the way and ADR connected with Ricardo instead. Almost as soon as he connected with Ricardo and got back on his feet to turn around Shaemus had got enough distance in the distraction to rev up and deliver a brutal Brogue Kick to ADR to pick up the win.
- World Tag Team titles match: Kofi Kingston and Zack Ryder def. PTP: The Prime Time Players were introduced and came to the ring with mild boos, next Kofi came out alone and grabbed a mic. He stated that R-Truth was hurt and couldn’t be there so he was going to have to have his replacement come out so they can defend the titles. Zack Ryder’s music hit and the place erupted, he came down the ring to join Kofi and ended up starting the match out first. He had some offense in early and was able to hit the Broski Boot before PTP started to take over. Typical tag team match where the face who started out the match would get beat down (Ryder) and kept trying to get back to make the hot tag but never could till finally he was able to step aside and let Titus O’Neil fly through the ropes and hit the floor. Ryder then made the hot tag to Kofi and he came in and cleared house. Eventually, Kofi was distracted by O’Neil and Young was able to hit him with his finisher, but the ref didn’t see Kofi’s foot on the ropes when he counted the pinfall for PTP. The announcer said they were the new tag team champions and they both started to dance around the ring till another ref came in and said since Kofi’s foot was on the rope that they needed to restart the match. At this point, all 4 wrestlers were in the ring just on opposite sides of it so when they restarted the match Kofi and Ryder charged in at Young/O’Neil and both hit their finishers on them. Ryder/Kofi covered whoever they did their finisher on and the ref counted the 1,2,3 for the win.
- WWE Championship Match: CM Punk def. Daniel Bryan: Daniel Bryan came to the ring chanting Yes, Yes, Yes and the crowd really hated him cuz there was only a few Yes chants answering with the majority of the chants being No, No, No. This continued all night when he would try to start a Yes chant and would be answered back with a resounding No. CM Punk made his way to the ring and received the second biggest pop of the night (hmm I wonder who got the biggest). The announcer got on the mic and let everyone know what won, based on txt votes, between the street fight and 2 out of 3 falls possible matches which turned out to be the street fight. Very good match with each person getting in various moves. A kendo stick and chair were involved and used by both wrestlers very effectively. CM Punk eventually beat Daniel Bryan down and was going to do a top rope elbow drop but decided against it and climbed down and got a chair and climbed back up quickly and jumped off the top rope with the chair coming down instead of his elbow but Bryan was able to recover and move out of the way. Bryan was able to pick up on offense after that and get Punk in the Yes! Lock but wasn’t able to get Punk to tap out.Punk was able to fight off Bryan for a little bit but was knocked down again and before Bryan could get to Punk again, AJ’s music hits and she comes skipping around the ring just smiling at Bryan and then goes to the back. This gives Punk enough time to recover and hit Bryan with the GTS to pick up the win.
- Steel Cage Match: John Cena def. The Big Show: Big Show came out to a loud chorus of boos (shocker, I know) and made his way into the cage. Next, came out John Cena which dogs in 4 parishes away are probably still recovering from the shrill, high pitched screams of a large amount of young children losing their minds when his music hit. Big Show dominated most of the match with Cena trying to escape over the top of the cage multiple times. Eventually, Cena ate a power pellet from Pac-Man or something and was able to hit a shoulder tackle, slam, 5 knuckle shuffle and then the AA to win by pinfall.
– Overall, it was a really good house show with a PPV like feel with all the major players there. The crowd was into every match, but the Divas one at the beginning and towards the end they were in that one as well.
Posted in: WWE Results
Last 10 posts in WWE Results
- <i>WWE RAW Results (5/20) - Curtis Axel 'Debuts'!!</i> - May 20th, 2013
- <i>WWE Extreme Rules Results (5/19) - Lesnar/HHH!</i> - May 19th, 2013
- <i>DETAILS ON TONIGHT'S FREE EXTREME RULES PBP!</i> - May 19th, 2013
- WWE House Show Results 5.18.13: Evansville, IN - May 18th, 2013
- WWE House Show Results 5.17: Bowling Green, KY - May 18th, 2013
- <i>WWE RAW Results (5/13) - A Dance-Off & A Face-Off!</i> - May 13th, 2013
- WWE House Show Results 05.11.13 - Beaumont, TX - May 12th, 2013
- WWE House Show Results 05.11.13 - Odessa, TX - May 12th, 2013
- WWE House Show Results 05.10.13: Shreveport, LA - May 11th, 2013
- <i>WWE RAW Results (5/6) - Ryback vs. Kane!</i> - May 6th, 2013